Friday, March 23, 2012

Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese

Or as my mom has so cleverly named it "Mary Mac 'n' Cheese". Because my name is Mary McDonald and this is my favourite meal. Yep. Pretty good. I'm not even being sarcastic. I'm pretty impressed with that name. Anyways. Just look at it.
Maybe it doesn't look that pretty but it is amazing. Really. You should make this right now. It's simple and you probably have the ingredients on hand. You're welcome, in advance. 

All of these measurements are approximations. I just do it to taste.

1 Tbsp oil
1 medium onion sliced thinly
2 cups macaroni, cooked
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce (to be honest, I probably use a lot more than that. Whatever. I like sodium.)
1 cup (or more) grated cheddar cheese

Heat a large skillet. Add the oil and onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add cooked macaroni and stir until it is heated thoroughly. Add the grated cheese and soy sauce. Let cheese melt a little on top and then stir through. Serves 4.


This stuff is just cheesy and salty and the best. We didn't name it after me for nothin'.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, a classic from the good old Deaf Smith Country Cookbook. All hippies will recognize it.

    ReplyDelete