Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mashed Cauliflower Recipe

First off, I apologize for my lack of posts in over a month. I had a bit of a crafting injury (sore wrist. Convinced I've already got arthritis.) and have been off my crafting game for a little while. Truth be told, my wrist still kind of hurts but the doctor feels that even though I'm in pain, there's probably nothing wrong. Cool. Remind me to see another doctor. Anyways, I've decided to just continue on crafting regardless because I am wildly irresponsible. I will try to post some more crafts soon but for today, a recipe!

Mashed Cauliflower can be a substitute for mashed potatoes if you don't mind that it still obviously tastes like cauliflower. Or it can just be another delicious mushy side dish option. Some people like to say that its a healthy alternative to potatoes but I'm pretty sure the high amount of dairy I add to it completely makes up for any of that. Anyways, here's the recipe.


  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 2-3 Tbsp cream cheese/sour cream/butter/any delicious dairy products you have on hand
  • 1-2 tsp minced garlic
  • (Un)Healthy amount of shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

  1. First, you need to cook up the cauliflower. I use the whole head and get 3-4 servings. I just break it up into small pieces and boil it in a pot of water but if you want to get fancy, you could steam it. Apparently steaming is fancy in my eyes. Boil/steam cauliflower until it breaks apart very easily with a fork and seems easily mashed. This will take at least 20 minutes. When cooked, drain.
  2. Put drained cauliflower back into the pot and mash it into chunky pieces
  3. Add all other ingredients in no particular order and mash until a nice chunky but smooth consistency. It won't be the same consistency as mashed potatoes so don't even try.
  4. Taste and adjust accordingly. All the amounts are just approximations as I've never actually measured it. If it tastes good, eat it.

And that's it. Mashed cauliflower: The best thing that's happened to you in the last 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment