Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cat Bagging

This is what I call a cat bag. It's a bag for cats.
My cat, Nikki, loves bags. She can't get enough of them. So I decided I would make a little sack for her and stuff it with plastic bags so she would still get that satisfying crinkly noise while safely playing with something that won't suffocate her. I'm pretty thoughtful.
I used 2 old t-shirts for this and basically just used the entire body of each shirt. One shirt became the lining and the other became the outer layer of the bag. Before stitching it all together, I put 3 of the crinkliest bags I could find in between the 2 layers.
And so a cat bag was born. Nikki seems to like it though she has yet to actually go into the bag. This is probably just because I keep holding it open and trying to force her face into it. Possibly not the most pleasant experience. Whatever.
So far she has mostly been sliding across the floor on it, attacking it and sleeping on it. I'm sure she'll come around.

1 comment:

  1. Tuck a little catnip way inside...that should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete