Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Red Velvet Cookies

"Oh my god." - Mary McDonald immediately after biting into one of these delicious little creations.
Yes, that is a Red Velvet cookie sandwich with cream cheese icing in the middle. Too good to be true. But it is true! It's right here! I'm eating one as I type this!
These really are just incredibly delicious. The cookies are quite cake-y giving it more of a whoopie pie feel. Which is obviously great.
I used this recipe from The Velveteen Baker, a young lady who bakes nothing but several variations on red velvet. Some might call it God's work. I would. I made it all from scratch except for the icing. I went the Duncan Hines route with that 'cause I'm a G.D. lazy S.O.B.
I don't know what it is about red velvet that makes it so delicious since it is just chocolate cake died red. But something in that dye just makes it taste a million times better. Some people fear so much dye in their food and I dislike these people. This beautiful cake will not hurt you, at the worst it will turn your poop red (and that's just kind of fun, right?).
So, here you go, one last look before they're gone. I'm eating all of these tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment